Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This Is A Story About Control...

My control. Control of what I say, control of what I do and this time I’m gonna do it my way. Cause it’s all about control and I’ve got lots of it. ->
There are a million different ways you can take control of your life but the one I have always struggled with is my health.
After almost 9 years of smoking and using my father’s death as the reasoning behind it (he would roll over in his grave) I finally quit. I am hopeful that I will be able to maintain this without ever starting again. However, I realize that the yearning never quite goes away…but this is bigger than smoking.
After I quit I gave myself months to recover and eat and indulge and not even work out. HUGE mistake. Here’s the thing…no matter what you do, DO NOT STOP MOVING!! Seriously, it wasn’t necessarily what I ate but how I didn’t continue to care for my body. I wasn’t OVER eating everyday, I’ve long let go of the HORRID tendencies of the past but I still LOVE food so there were occasions when I know I could have eaten better. The bad part was not working those off.

Also, please remember, NEVER let someone who doesn't work out tell YOU how to eat. They have no idea of your struggle or plight.  (It's similar to listening to your single friends when you're in a relationship) Don't listen to them. Tune them out & do your OWN research, YOU take control. Don't let them take control of YOU. No one can tell you what's right for YOUR life, only you can dictate that.
Anyway, bottom line, I'll NEVER stop working out again. Remember that thing called skinny fat? Your body immediately responds after 3 weeks. Imagine all those skinny girls who don’t work out and have no muscle tone…it’s disgusting right? I would rather be completely overweight than have no muscle tone. Don’t do it to yourself…remember to work out and build your muscle to make sure that your body is metabolizing at the best rate it possibly can.
I am finally BACK in control (albeit VERY sore) of my eating habits and work out schedule and it feels GREAT. It SUCKS greatly getting up an hour early every morning to turn on Shawn T for some Insanity but after it’s all over and I’m sweating and aching, I remember “I’m in CONTROL”. I’m working on losing what little I gained & maybe even more AND gaining even more confidence and this time around, it will be even BETTER than last time because I AM NO LONGER A SMOKER!!! My lungs are thanking me every time I run an extra lap =) I remember “I’m in control and I LOVE it”.
So, instead of walking around hating your body or hating the way you look or ANY part of your life and being, remember you can totally TAKE CONTROL. It is hard work and dedication but at the end of any given day, ask yourself, did you make the most of this day? At the end of any given month, ask yourself, did you make the most of that month? Take control of your life and make an extra hour a day to make it better, whether that be taking a class to further your knowledge or working out…whatever it is, TAKE CONTROL. Stop being miserable. It TRULY IS that simple. Find the motivation and MOTIVATE YOURSELF! You should never need someone ELSE to motivate YOU.
Xoxo,
K

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! You are amazing!! Can't wait to see you at the end of the month! xoxo Melli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore you. You never cease to amaze me. Proud is a grave understatement for how I feel about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word control. I'm a control freak and I felt so out of control when I let my life and weight spiral out of control. Feeling empowered and realizing I was 100% responsible for myself made me feel amazing.

    Great post! Have an amazing May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your post! You have to do it more often, PLEASE!!!! I totally understand about control and not depending on the advice of other people. They mean well. They may have good intentions. But ultimately it's ME that has to live with the consequences of my decisions. So I better take control of my actions!

    Also major congrats on being smoke-free and getting back on track. It's "just weight," it'll all come off now you're BACK! Watch out, world!

    Hugs, Toastedsmoke.

    By the way, POST MORE!!!

    ReplyDelete