Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Challenge and DEFINITELY a New Day.

So, hello!

It's taken me a minute to write because I've been trying to let my anger subside so that the words that come through aren't harsh or filled with venom or bitterness. =)

As many of you know, I placed 2nd in the BC Challenge. Happy? No. The thing is, when the challenge began, had I been smart and just wanted to WIN and NOT improve myself, I would have "played possum" AND/OR done my planks and push-ups on my knees. NOT wanting to do that and wanting to push myself I chose to do both on my feet in the "Male" form.

When you do those types of exercises on your knees you are able to pull in MANY more reps. For instance, I had Davis test me AFTER the challenge ended to see where I would have placed.

When doing planks on my knees I got 6minutes and 13 seconds. Whereas in the challenge when I did them in "male" form, I got 2 minutes.

When doing push-ups on my knees I got 54. Whereas in the challenge when I did them in "male" form, I did 28. These were as many as you could do in under a minute without stopping.

Not to mention when I was doing my sit-ups the mat kept falling back and forth and really messed up my groove. I was exerting so much energy just pulling the mat back to me, I should have brought my OWN mat. But alas, that was MY FAULT.

Needless to say, the judging didn't give anyone extra points for doing a male version or female version nor were we all doing the same thing. The person who came in front of me, did do her exercises on her knees.

Alas, I cannot be mad anymore. I am disappointed in myself for not THINKING but my overall results, the inches I lost, the weight I lost, etc far outweigh that. And I did it ON MY OWN. As my friend F said the other day, No one sets my alarm clock for me, no one cooks my dinner or measures out my breakfast, no one counts my calories for me and NO ONE but ME forces me to get up, get out and DO something.

In fact, I think it's time to "graduate" from BC. When I first started BC I started there because I needed the accountability AND I wanted to be in a place where I could feel comfortable around other women. At the gym, I felt overweight and hated it not to mention I could barely drag myself there.

Boot Camp has taught me SO much but I have GOT to start trying other things! Fitness IS a way of life now and when I was home in Illinois I saw how far I've come. I was teaching my family AND people at the gym what THEY should do. It was amazing. I have read SO much on everything that I feel I need to take advantage of all of my knowledge. Not to mention, I want to see what different trainers have to offer in my area.

So, I won 3 months free of BC. I'm probably going to use them all up and in the meantime I'm going to be looking at different gyms in the area. I already have a few classes lined up with other girls in the class. BC has been a blessing to me on so many levels!

So, I have 3 months to get down to my goal weight (or within 5 pounds of it) and I'm PRAYING I can reach it! I have to push myself pretty hard to get there because I know that these next few weeks of getting competely back on track won't be easy.

We start a new cycle of BC next week and I'm going to go and do the work. =) Also hitting up a few gym classes in between those days!

As far as this last week has gone, I let the challenge get me down and out and I shouldn't have. I have maintained but I have not lost any and that stops NOW.

I wanted to hit goal within a year. Once I saw that it was coming off a bit faster then I anticipated, I changed that to May 31st 2011. That would give me a little over 13 weeks to lose 25lbs. I would LOVE to do it. So...here's me going for it!



xo,
K

4 comments:

  1. Girl you can hit your goal... just make sure you are constantly adjusting... and that "last10pounds" curse is real but i know it wont bog you down. As long as you keep switching it up and making sure you eat enough calories so your body doesnt go into a plateau .. you're golden!

    As far as the challenge... seemslike u kinda got robbed. I guess the point was to clock each person's individual improvement.. but I think there would've been some benefit to having a slight difference in knees versus full out exercises.. if only as an incentive? Just a thought. I'm curious what 1st place won though.. was it money?! :)
    But really, yea doing the exercises full out IS harder... so that incentive might have pushed some people to bite the bullet and do them full out without as much of a worry of if they would be hurting their chances at a win by doing so.

    In any case, I look forward to seeing your upcoming progress! You're my hero - as I always tell you! I just wish you lived closer so I could workout with you!
    love you! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris very proud of you <3 Look at where you began and how far you have come & you are a winner !!!! Now you can teach family & friends how to do things. Love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She may have come in first place by taking the easy way out...but you're definitely the winner.

    Keep working hard...you'll hit your goal, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m waiting on a new post... DO IT! :)

    ReplyDelete