Saturday, August 20, 2011

The End of Something Beautiful!!! Plus Before & After Pics!


220




One year ago, I posted on my Facebook page that I had started a fitness boot camp class. I started blogging and I posted it to my FB.

That first blog had NO comments. 0. No one thought I could do it, who could blame them? I'd tried and tried before and failed each and every time. The problem was, I didn't THINK I could do it. I never pushed through anything except work.

In fact, I know many people who thought it weird that I would post very personal information like my weight or a journey like weight loss on Facebook or even create a blog! But, truth be told, I had nothing to hide. I got support and was able to support others on the journey. My ego isn't so big that I can't admit when I'm doing something wrong and trying to make it right. (ie, letting my weight get out of control and getting it back under control).

I had a goal and I've succeeded in the first part of it.Whether you like my pictures, or you judge them and see the same imperfections I see...I am just me and I am EXTREMELY proud of how far I've come and can't WAIT to get to the final product, completely fit and 18% body fat.

The first day of boot camp was brutal. I remember it VERY well. I cried and I almost threw up. I couldn't keep up, I skipped exercise after exercise, panting uncontrollably at times. By the end of that first week, I could barely walk. In fact, the very first day I could barely walk, I couldn't even sit down without crying out in pain.

During the second week, I was actually COMPLETING exercises. It was crazy to me. I had stuck with it and saw major results.

One year later I am OFFICIALLY down 75lbs, meeting my first goal of 145 (145.6 to be exact) with 10 more pounds to go to reach my ultimate goal by my 30th birthday of 135.

I am embarking on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (I started Monday) and hoping that this along with HIIT 3x a week, my strength training at the gym and my low cal diet, that I can reach that 135 goal. However, I would be just as happy with a firmer tummy and inches coming off.

I have FINALLY realized it isn't all about weight...inches are just as important and I wish wish wish that I would have measured myself when first starting. However, I know that since December I have lost about 35inches at the very least all over my body.

BEFORE And AFTER pics!
Start: 220
155


145
220

210




149

I wonder, if I don't FEEL 30...does that mean I am still 24?

Xoxo! Next update will be when I reach 135! Or ...if I don't make it by my birthday, I shall just post birthday photos!

I seriously can't thank you all enough, the love and support you EACH have shown me has done astounding things for me...now it's time to move on to the next chapter of my life! Many thanks and MANY MANY hugs!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kristin. I can't tell you how fabulous you look! Even more, I can see that you're feeling even better about yourself. Loves ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job doll! I'm proud of you. You set goals and you achieved them. Many people can learn how to lose weight like you did; but many people can also learn a thing or 2 about determination from you. Determination and focus are 2 things that are key essentials 2 success. Congrats again hon. You have successfully conquered success! Muahhhhzzzz!

    ReplyDelete