Saturday, January 8, 2011

You Just Gotta Ignite The Light & Let it It Shine!!!

Do you ever feel already buried deep? Do you know that there's still a chance for you? Just own the night, like the fourth of July! Cause baby you're a firework, come on show em what you're worth!

Firework - Katy Perry

As much as I can't stand this product of the industry, she can sing and to top it off, this song makes me want to freaking conquer the WORLD! Obviously because of the line "You're original, cannot be replaced". Well duh. I already knew that but the entire song is like, AWESOME!

Sorry it's been so long since my last update. The holidays have come and gone and now I shall update you!

My mother came in for a visit, 12 days of pure BLISS! I love my mom beyond all belief! Of course I cried about a pound worth of tears when I saw her and it was heaven.

We went grocery shopping the first day she was here and went out to good old Wal-Mart (you know the place with horrible service and the place that also pays their workers close to nothing?). While there she asked me if there was a sale on yoga mats because EVERYONE had one. So we went to look, uh, no. There was no sale. Then I realized, ohhhhh it's about to be the New Year and EVERYONE is SAYING they are going to make a change in their eating habits or their exercise regimen. We counted over 35ppl with like yoga mats. It was crazy. I couldn't help but laugh.

I wasn't laughing at those people per-say. It was more of..wow, that USED to be me. I bought a cheap ass yoga mat. Still have it in fact. I had to laugh to keep from crying. Statistics show that over 75% of those people won't even make it through two weeks of an exercise plan, let alone dieting. It's so sad to think about.

That is why I had to start mine BEFORE the New Year. I also didn't limit myself very well over the holidays. I mean I watched what I ate sometimes but I also ate out, A LOT! And it was YUMMY! But the greatest part was that some things I USED to eat, I didn't even want this time because I knew how unhealthy they were. Plus, for the most part, I was able to limit my weight gain to around .8 (so almost a pound) at the end of the day...that's a win for me. I'm not angry. I wanted to maintain and I just about did it. Had I done my exercises (I didn't exercise ONCE in these past two weeks) I probably would have lost weight. Eh, what can ya do? I wanted a break and I got it!

Seeing my mother leave was the hardest part of the holidays. She spent Christmas with us and a beautiful New Year only to say goodbye on the 4th. =( The best part was when the snow storm hit us and we were trapped inside our apartment for two days straight to fend for ourselves. While it can be said we were kind of bored out of our minds, I will never forget those two days because we truly bonded. I adore her. She was also SHOCKED by how much I've shrunk. Moms are your biggest cheerleaders!

So, that brings us to...TODAY! The Boot Camp Fitness New Year New You Challenge. Let me explain a bit of what this is.

For 8 weeks the girls in Boot Camp will be competing to place or to just get stronger/faster/smaller.

Here's the thing, there are 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. Of course I want 1st but I'd settle for 2nd I guess...although I wouldn't be completely thrilled with it, I want 1st. Being I'm a competitive person...I say you either give it all or go home.

So today was our assessments. A BEFORE picture was taken. I was weighed, measured all over my body, they took my body fat percentage, my muscle percentage and to top it off we had a fitness assessment.

For the fitness one I kind of sucked. I think it had something to do with being out of boot camp for 2 weeks but I pushed through. The goal is to double all of those numbers, except the sit ups one, I think I did pretty great on those so if I can just get them up about 5 more then I'll be happy. I also want to increase my muscle but hopefully lose 16-20lbs. If I can do ALL of that then I honestly don't think I can lose. Truly.

I think the thing MOST people forget about when losing weight is gaining muscle and strength! That is HUGE HUGE HUGE to me, which is why working out REGULARLY (meaning more then 3x a week) is SO important to me! I do NOT want to lose weight and have fat hanging off of me or still not be able to run a mile or climb a freaking MOUNTAIN if I want to!

With all that said....Now that you guys know what it is, hopefully I won't have to explain it to anyone.


We are going to have a mid-session evaluation and then a final evaluation. I will know mid-way through if I need to work a bit harder. I'm SO excited! Haha, will I be this excited 8 weeks down the line if I lose or didn't do as well? I don't know but this is the push I need to get over this hump!

I should state for the record if I go by the weight that was given today I have officially lost 43lbs EXACTLY. That's good shit. Let's hope I can it to 60lbs lost by the time these 8 weeks are up!



I would show you guys the measurements and such but I'm really not that comfortable...YET. In the meantime I'll share a few pictures taken over the holiday break session.



Oh Madame Tussaud's how we love thee!



Until Monday...
Xoxo,
K


ps. Did I mention I am going to have to try to go to EVERY DAY of boot camp if I want to win? I'm talking 5x a week for 8 weeks. There can be NO missed sessions unless it is unavoidable. OUCH!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin you just amaze me. Going through the holidays you maintained that is so awesome!!! You can do this. I remember when you began you said you wish it was weeks later & over remember? I believe in you, you are one determined young lady & you can & will do whatever it takes & give it your all.
    I am behind you for support. I love the time you were able to spend with your mother just precious <3 You can do this Kristin & we will cheer you on !! Let's go !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ro!! You have been one of my biggest cheerleaders! Couldn't do it without you lady!

    ReplyDelete