Thursday, August 26, 2010

"The Heart Is Stronger Than You Think..."

"It can go through anything and even when you think you can't you find a way to still push on."

Hello my lovely readers!

The quote above is from a song titled Just Stand Up . Today at boot camp upon arrival we were told to immediately do two laps around the track. Well, as soon as I began running I felt the pain in my shins. All I could think about was how to describe it to those of you who have never experienced it (God Bless your hearts!). It is almost like something overtaking your leg and leaving you with a dull monotone pain that does not go away. I decided to walk instead and of course try and do it as fast as possible. I realized I began to care less what others thought and even though everyone finished before me, I wasn't TOO far behind. I still felt stupid when I walked up and already everyone was doing jumping jacks. I mean damn.

Luckily for me W gave me alternate exercises to do (except for running) for everything that hurt my leg. Weirdly enough, jumping jacks killed me! So instead I did the alternate exercises and I PUSHED! About 20 minutes into our workout (today was upper body) I realized how GREAT I felt! Even if I wasn't doing the same exercises as everyone else (I'd say I did 75% of the same and 25% alternate) I was pushing myself and realized how different I was today rather than on Tuesday.

Tuesday I was utterly demoralized. Today, my heart took over my mind. It didn't matter that my mind was telling me to go slow, to take it easy, everyone would understand because I was in pain. My heart is what got me through the workout and like I said, 20 minutes in, I wanted to go harder.

There is nothing like the feeling of sweat dripping down your face (ewww right? Ha!) and knowing that you are creating that. Not the sun, not laying on a beach (which I LOVE to do), nothing other than your heart pushing your body.

I beg of you, if you haven't begun any type of workouts yet, please start! You will feel SO much better! Already I am in a MUCH better mood than I was yesterday.

I find myself walking past a mirror and smiling at myself. Not because I look any different (YET! It's only been a week in a half!), but because I FEEL good about myself. When you know that you have pushed yourself and you won the battle, how could you NOT feel good about yourself? I still have the double chin, my body is still nowhere near where it needs to be but I'm sorry, I totally feel GREAT to be Kristin. A woman who's heart is stronger than her mind, and I don't mind at all!

With that said today is going to be a busy day for me so I think I'm going to cut this one short. A lot of work and then off to see Dr. M and her new bundle of joy!!! I think while I'm there I'm also going to ask about knee pain. I'm getting sore knees (AGAIN - DO NOT WAIT until it is TOO late and your body is all fucked). I'm not sure if it's just because of workouts or if my knee is in bad shape. Only time will tell!

Tomorrow will probably undoubtedly be lower body. (Can you say OUCH to squats?) and I encourage all of you to do 3 sets of 20 crunches today. 3 sets of 20 squats and 3 sets of 25 jumping jacks. Just get your heart pumping and then email me or comment below about how you feel afterward.

ps. the emails yesterday were OVERWHELMING. Thank you THANK YOU for your love and support!

If you're not following the blog yet please click the FOLLOW button above. It is MOST appreciated. I want nothing more than 8 months from now for you all to still be on this journey with me. Obstacles will come, but I will overcome them.

Xoxo,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment