Thursday, September 2, 2010

Up & Down...

and back! Over and Over again. It was hell on earth. Do you have no clue what I am talking about?

Let me give you an idea:

STAIRS!!! Over and Over again. At one point I truly HATED our instructor. I thought he was the devil and as soon as those evil thoughts crept into my mind, here he comes up behind me saying we'll finish it together. And that, we did. It was FANTASTIC. I was wheezing, trying to get my heartbeat regulated and then he said something that really changed my perspective (at least in that moment).

He said my mind was taking over my body. I was letting my mind tell me what I COULD NOT do instead of letting my body show me what I COULD do.

Oh yes, I know, so cliche and maybe even obvious to some of you out there, but for me it was an eye-opener. From then on during our workout I just kept pushing through the pain, the fire and then something AMAZING happened. I felt that burn! You know the burn that Jessica Biel (HA!) talks about she loves from running? Damn, it DOES feel good! Yes, I was almost in tears, ready to throw up but DAMN! I repeat, it felt good.

So with that said, I am off. I had an extremely hard day and yes, I probably could have pushed myself harder at the beginning of class. However, I finished everything, and that's what counts right? I'm ALWAYS last (Okay well most times, I wouldn't be if people actually DID everything instead of skipping ish - which no one did today!) but it's then that my fathers words come to me: "It is not about who finishes first, it is about finishing and being proud of yourself for what you accomplished".

At this point, I've almost made it 3 weeks, doing something I NEVER thought I could do. You know why? I let my mind rule my body. Never Again.

When you wake up in the morning and don't feel like getting up to get that exercise in, and your mind is telling you to stay in bed. Listen to your body instead. Get up, Get out and DO something!

xoxo,
K

Sidebar: This adorable skinny ass tan ass blond came running up the stairs at one point and she smiled and we all just looked at her like "Bitch, please". LOL Jealousy is so not pretty.

2 comments:

  1. You GO sis!! You're almost making ME want to feel that burn. I take it the shin splints are feeling better..that's great. I'll be looking forward to tomorrows post. You'll have 3 weeks down. WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha that really was sooo funny when that girl ran by smiling! Don't hate, that'll be us soon ; )
    LOVE YOU!! Can't wait for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete